Season 1, Episode 20: February 14, 2021
Join us for Episode #20: "Love Songs and Anti-Love Songs of Broadway" This week’s guest is Emily Yancey. We’ll celebrate Valentine’s Day in song, examining the clever spin songwriters have put on the traditional “love song.”
THIS WEEK'S RECIPES
Servings: 8 servings
- Waffle Iron
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook.
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or any other favorite toppings.